PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New player? Share your experience.
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-27, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: New player? Share your experience.

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
^ Some of the PS1 bases were often times too hard to get in to when they were being defended. Especially the Interlink and Dropship Center. The new lattice in PS2 is prolonging the fights already and that's a good thing. But making bases like PS1 bases in PS2 might hinder the battle flow way too much which would produce too long of stalemates I think.
In those bases you needed a 2:1 advantage to ensure victory. You also need to get AMSES in the right place, at least 3.

Once there the assault progressed in bites. First you forced the main room, then the stairs or backdoor and so on. Each area posed a problem and eventually the spawns were attacked and destroyed.

The nature of the bases made the assaults difficult, but at times they also made them epic. Take away one and you take away the other.

Fights in PS2 go the other way, e.g. tower fights. There will be a struggle but once attackers get to the first floor up, it's pretty much over barring reinforcements.

(Last Tuesday I took part in an attack on an interlink and I remembered how much I enjoyed them. Judging when was the right time to make a rush into the main room was tricky but involving, at least for me.)

pps you didn't mention Tech Plants, they could turn into farms for defenders too.

pps you didn't mention Amp Stations ...