PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Core Combat Worth Getting?
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-02, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Core Combat doesn't add to the subscription fee. Buy it once, and never pay for it again.

As far as value goes...ehh, it's up to you. I played through the CC beta, and even preordered it and got it at release. To tell you the truth though, I've been in the caverns once since the release. Played with the vehicles a little and weapons a little, but I havn't really found them to be amazingly useful to my playstyle.

None of my characters pack HA so that cuts the Malestrom out. The radiator just doesn't pack enough wallop to make it worth carrying, which is disappointing because it owned during beta. The spiker is actually a really good weapon, but unfortunately I seem to kill myself just as often as I kill the enemy.

The flail was/is very effective...as long as you've got a good spotter. If ya don't, you will kill just as many friendlies as you do enemies. The switchblade is really fun to drive, but your a sitting duck once you deploy. The router is a great vehicle in the right circumstances, unfortunately, those are few and far between.

The best thing about CC is the module benefits the bases recieve. Nice thing here is that everyone benefits, not just those owning CC.