PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - All Infantry Armors the same?
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

All Infantry Armors the same?

In the game trailer all the armors looked identical, does this mean there is no standard/agile/rexo ? If so do when then have a Bad Company 2 style faux regenerating health /w medics.

I think regenerating health or a similar kind of 'bloody screen' health we see in arcade shooters like CoD and BF:BC 1/2 would be a huge shot in the foot. There's a reason planetside had slow paced combat in an era with some of the fastest paced there's ever been (Quake, UTC anyone?) and that's simply because there are 300 people and enemy tanks, aircraft, CE and artillery all trying to shoot your nads off and its not possible to have a 2-3 shot kill system like other games.

I know everyone wants to jump on the CoD bandwagon and get the frat kids and big money but its becoming like the Michael Bay of video games, huge volumes of crap without any real depth and done without any real reasoning. Please let it be that we can keep Rexo/Agile and separate armor and health, the combat in Planetside actually worked and was refreshing and unique; given the whole 'classes' and 'spawn on squad members' mechanics I've seen it seems unlikely that there will be any difference in armors in the infantry other than MAX and squishy.

I have also seen no mention of the infiltrator armor, this is another staple of Planetside and I think people forget just how effective cloakers were before everyone gained eagle eyesight and universal paranoia about infiltrators. I mean even PC Gamer said that the ability to jack vehicles is 'probably not in the game', I don't know if Sony realizes this but vehicle jacking is one of the few ways to deal with door camping and hill camping entrenched vehicles.

Last edited by 2coolforu; 2011-07-08 at 02:02 PM.