PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Dual wield pistols yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hoodlum
Corporal

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
Dual pistols are like dual cocks... no sense at all. Learn to use one and master it, but wielding dual is just silly.

It doesn't fit the setting of the game (these are 3 more or less militaristic factions, not some gangxsta gangs shooting at each other with 2 horizontally held .45 . It is a sci-fi shooter with all the 'magick' stuff, but pls, use your brains. If dual wield would make sense in real life, why isn't it applied by law enforcement or military forces? I will tell you.

- it is faster to handle one SMG than 2 pistols
- better accuracy
- faster ROF
- free hand to perform simple tasks (opening a door, bending a twig in a forest, or just clean the sweat out of your eyes)
- SMG+secondary pistol (in holster) is better than 2 pistols
- no need to learn delicate tasks with your left hand -ambidextrousity is just too rare to happen and those people often has problems with reading or writing and they often mix their left and right sides - that could use problems... Cover RIGHT! I SAID RIGHT YOU F*CKING beeeeeeep...

That is why dual wield has no place in a game that resembles the slightest touch of realism. (And PS2 does, otherwise we would fight upside down and physics wouldn't influence anything ingame).

And dual wield would require a lot of animations too. I'd rather have enter/exit animations pls.
LOL were still playing a game here and just because you don't or possibly can't do it in real life doesn't mean you shouldn't have the OPTION to do it I don't see maxes which by the way can dual wield walking around in real life does that mean we should take them out of PS2 ? .... if it was a side grade would it really bother you that much ? Also adding animations for dual wielding would be a lot less work then vech animations because they didn't build them into the models