PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS 1 going free to play
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: PS 1 going free to play

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
BR 20*! And get rid of all the cert bundles! And all the veteran rewards! And nerf Reaver armor, and plasma/frag nade damage, and have grenades only come in stacks of 1, and have MAX timers start upon death, and remove flails and a whole mess of other things that were severely over looked/necessarily tampered with.

I would really love for PS1 to just get a sprinkle of dev support once it goes F2P. I think there's a lot of little tweaks they could implement that would really appease the veteran community and maybe even the newer players that will come and check it out.
That and:
  • Remove capital shields (prevents a lot of fights and abused for Flail camping).
  • Remove capital capture rules (open up more diverse routes cross-continent).
  • Remove cave locks (make module raiding possible and attractive, make module transport have clear benefits).
  • Slightly buff Skyguard armour by 5-10%.
  • Implement spawn shield around Redoubt's spawn center.
  • Limit virals numerically and over time per player
  • Do not allow virals to be replaced by other virals for a longer period of time (5 mins duration and 2 mins cool down on all virals)
  • Increase safe period of Main Terminal after it's been cleared by a REK (5 min anti-virus?).
  • Allow Hacking, Advanced Hacking to clear virals very slowly (1 min and 40 seconds respectively).
  • Limit number of vehicles, turrets and AI turrets a T-REK can infect to 3, 3 and 5 respectively.
  • Split up the Battle Islands into separate continents.
  • Remove special rules from Battle Islands.
  • Change the global lattice to the system I suggested years ago where each link and base is used. :P
  • Ideally add more ground cover.
  • New bases already! Just use the existing holes for stairs and corridors to come up with different underground and top floor!
  • Make pie the official PS1 mascot pastry.

Do that and aside from BFRs existing, the game would be perfect.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-11-30 at 04:19 AM.