PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-12, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Regpuppy
Private

Re: The PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4 MEGA THREAD

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
I want cross-platform compatibility
The problem with this, in shooters at least, is that console based shooters both need and use aim assist, even if you don't notice it. This makes controllers more usable for them than they would be otherwise.

When the aim assist is fairly strong, it can end up annoying lower to mid skilled PC gamers. If it's not present, the PC gamers will absolutely and hopelessly destroy console gamers because precise aim with the mouse, barring extreme aim assist, is far superior. Even with aim assist, I'd expect PC gamers to absolutely make life hell for console gamers.

Not to mention the fact that after a year passes. Having them both connected to each other would -greatly- hinder it's development from the standpoint of a PC gamer.

They're far better off splitting the two up because any of these issues can cause players from both mediums to be upset with the game. It's better to have separation of servers with people being on more or less equal footing with each other.

Last edited by Regpuppy; 2013-06-12 at 10:32 AM.