Thread: Xenotech labs
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-04, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Xenotech labs

Entry 11 – May 18th 2845

Every day brings a train full of new conscripts. Their DNA is logged, registered within the system. Their code is connected to a mobile, truck-carried device that can reconstruct human matter and mind upon their death. So what if they lose their capacity for emotions and feelings, their memories, their ability to think rationally? As long as they remember their military training, they are the empty, murderous vessels that any general would kill to have in their army.

Our roles have been reduced to the administrative work of logging and chipping the soldiers as they come in. Us Vanu are just disposable liabilities for the Republic now. We are only alive because the Republic is so desperately short of trained staff to maintain the rebirthing matrices. We are no longer trusted with access to any scientific data, lest we try to contact the outside world. The Terran Republic would have us ‘disappeared’, were it not for the shaky peace deal that somehow still holds with the Vanu and Conglomerate governments, both of whom are still aware of our presence here.

But I feel we don’t have much time. The drumbeats of war echo ever louder. The Terrans are mobilising all of their frontline units through this facility, presumably to head to the front line, respawn enabled. While in and around Congress the ‘peace negotiations’ continue, the soldiers I see every day are the menacing face of Republican realpolitik.

There are only five of us Vanu remaining on site, a small band of researchers and laboratory technicians. There were more – we don’t know what happened to them. Over the last few months, we have stored all of the data from the site on secret drives within our quarters. Our only hope to stop the Terran Republic having complete control of the respawning technology is to broadcast all of this data publicly. Some weapons have been smuggled in to us. Not enough, of course. But enough maybe to give us five minutes, some small distraction to break into the Communications building.

I have seen too much death this past year to retain my fear of it. I will try to stop this war, I promise you, even if it means my death. I will do it for you Marie, Jero. I still love you with all my heart. I hope more than anything that one day we will be reunited. If it is not to be so, know that everything I do is to create a peaceful future for you both.

Entry 12 – June 21st 2845 11:32am

We were told not to come to the labs today, and we are locked in our quarters. Our few remaining Terran contacts have told us that there has been an attack on the Kane prison compound in Kaorr; all Terran regiments are on red alert. The attack is large and on-going. Apparently the New Conglomerate has had enough of the Republican sanctions and broken promises.

Entry 13 – June 21st 2845 4:18pm

Our doors were opened without warning. We were told to get out as soon as possible, any way we can. All of the scientific staff are being evacuated as I speak, the sound of fighters and dropships fills the air. Soldiers no longer guard the corridors of the living quarters. I think this is our day.

Entry 14 – June 21st 2845 6:45pm

The Vanu Sovereignty have just declared their independence from the war between the New Conglomerate and the Terran Republic! I never imagined that I could live to see such a glorious day! Finally, some courage! Our task is now all the more urgent – we need to contact the Vanu people before the Republic turns their eyes towards our lands! Otherwise, with the power of immortality in their hands, the Republic will see no need for political opposition again, and they will crush us. I am certain of it.

There are many aircraft flying over, and some explosions close to the site boundary. The guards are going crazy, all running to the bunkers. This is our chance, while the Terrans are distracted. We are breaking out now.

Marie, this may be the last note that I have a chance to write. I hope that one day this notebook is discovered, and you can see that I never forgot about you or my beautiful Jero. Know that everything I have done here was for you and your future, following faithfully the Vanu way. I love you both endlessly, I wish for you to live your lives in a free society, far from conflict. Love always and eternally, Laor.

Entry 15 – June 21st 2845 7.24pm

(AUDIO TRANSMISSION BEGINS, ECHOES OF GUNFIRE)

OK it’s on. Go!

Peoples of Auraxis. Th - This is Dr Laor Foster, researcher at Xenotech labs and Adherent of the Vanu Sovereignty, Esamir. We have been imprisoned within this facility for nine months under the control of the Terran Republic. We are under heavy attack in the communications building and need immediate assistance. Listen to this message carefully.

SUPPRESS THE DOOR FARO! THAT DOOR!

The - The Terran Republic are able to resurrect their soldiers at will on a global scale. We are uploading all of the data from the human trial experiments, along with blueprints of their ‘respawning’ chambers and related devices. This information is now publicly available to all peoples of Auraxis - no one should have sole control of respawning technology! Use it now, before it is too late!

(HEAVY MACHINE GUN FIRE)

We are under –

(RETURN FIRE FROM PULSAR RIFLES)

We are under heavy attack, we are connected to the respawning matrix and we will broadcast until we are stopped. The Terran Republic has deployed mobile respawning facilities on the back of ES-type trucks to the following five locations: Number one, Mao Technology Plant, Indar –

(HEAVY GUNFIRE, SHOUTS)

NUMBER TWO –

(EXPLOSION, RAPID FIRE, A SCREAM)

MAX UNIT!

NUMBER TWO – IKANAM BIO LAB, AMERISH

(SMASHING OF GLASS, RAPID THUD OF BULLETS)

CROSSROADS WATCHT –

(END OF TRANSMISSION)