PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-07, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post
What you just basically said is that there is an evident power gap between a BR20 and a BR1 due to choices and variety.

You then went on to say that in PlanetSide 2 a BR20 versus a BR1 has the same power gap, due to variety, except you added in the fact that the BR20's MA and med app were both maxed out. Once again, maxing them out is pointless. He already has a power differentiation due to having both MA and the med app. No need to tack on an extra 20% to various stats.
In this entire thread I have failed to see someone negate battle rank and cert points as a form of character progression.

No one has come out with a clean argument as to why progressing in BR and gaining cert points to unlock more choices is NOT considered progression. As far as I'm concerned it is. I stated a long time ago in this thread that during PlanetSide BR is what drove me. Power differentiation in terms of stats is not needed for motivation to advance in BR and unlock more options. But whatever. Not one person has addressed this.