PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Eraser
Thread: The Eraser
View Single Post
Old 2003-10-12, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Thx for the comments. But sry for the 2 month chapter, even though this took like 30 minutes to type.....I'm going to try to get this done before Core Combat gets released because....well....thats when the next story is going to start. OK, enough chitchat. ch. 4!

4. Orders In Bed

The pain in my foot is gone, my heart isn�t pumping, my hand is numb. Am I dead? Wait, my hand is numb�. I�m alive.

The lights are on, my leg is wrapped in healing pads, my hand is still pretty bloody. And someone is in this room too.

I managed to speak, �How long was I out?�

�Four days.�

�You gave us all quite a scare, we though you were going to respawn in the pot.�

�What did I break?�

�Foot, ankle, basically broke the whole damn leg everywhere; wrist and arm; broke several ribs, and 2 disks in your back.�

�How am I know?� Examining all the pads on myself.

�Your foot and ankle are still healing, they�ll be done tomorrow. However, your arm and wrist should be healed and you ribs and disks are ok. What happened out there, I mean I know I respawned after the orbital strike, but what happened after that?

�Long story.�

�Well its either going to be told to me�..or him.�

My eye shifted off of my arm into the window. I faced ******* to find another husky man besides him.

�His name is Jake Chevys. He�s lieutenant of an organization that he and myself hope you will join,� said Red, now turning his attention to Chevys.

�I�ve heard that the team that picked you up had to drive away some NC,� started Chevys. �The people who supposedly set off the OS. Do you remember them?� I nodded. �Do you know any of them, like a name or two?�

All I could remember is that one command rank 5, his words still sinking throughout my mind.

�One guy, said his name was Jefferson. He wanted to keep me, or kill me. I can�t remember.�

�His punch line was don�t mess with the all mighty Jefferson, right?�

I nodded.

�Ha, I remember him. We actually held him for ransom too. We caught him trying to hack our Galaxy�.what a fool.�

His smile disappeared, this�mission�.he was going to ask me to participate in was important, and is probably related to what happened in the past few days.

�Bugger, the attack on Wele was a setup by the NC. They wanted you guys in there.�

�Why?�

�Because more than half the soldiers on the attack didn�t have their
DNA stored in the database.�

�You mean we sent them into the middle of hell with just a Cycler?�

�No, I mean the NC hacked into our mainframe at a Bio-Lab owned by us, and somehow got into the DNA databases for anyone within 3k meters of that particular base. They basically deleted DNA files making it impossible for the chips in both the corpse of the soldier and in the computer to read correctly, so they couldn�t be processed to any spawn tubes.�

�So�.that group that saved me�.they came to save the people that where naked?�

�Yes.�

�How did you know?�

�We didn�t, we noticed right after the explosion that no one was respawning anywhere, besides the ones that still had their DNA stored in the database. After the group grabbed you, they scanned the area and found no one was alive. And shortly after we got you here, we found out that some peoples names where highlighted red on the computer, which means the chip in either body�s have malfunctioned in some way. And sadly, all the people with their names highlighted were dead. And finally, we noticed an unknown user was in the system before the strike.�

It took time to make sense but I could see where its going.

�Was my name among the malfunctioned soldiers?�

Both Chevys and Red nodded. My face turned paler. I looked death in the eye, I taunted it, I smiled at it, and I rolled away from it.

�What do you want me for?�

�We got information from the hacker that hacked the system, we are going to using his ISP to get into the NC and VS mainframes.�

�But how the VS?� None of this made any sense.

�It doesn�t matter, we will give you a special made REK with the NC�s soldier�s ISP so it will look like if the guy was breaking into the database instead of you.�

�Me?� I knew I was going to do this, but for the hell of it I�ll look surprised.

�Oh yeah. You are doing this all. Do you accept?�

�Yeah. But what about my DNA?� Still fearing deaths breath.

�We got it working again, you can respawn as much as you like, if you want to break your no-spawning record right now.�

He laughed and got up from his chair. Shaking my hand, he had some weird look in his eyes.

�So, you will be better tomorrow. You will grab your orders on the table here for your first mission. You�re to do it within a quarter of the day.�

�Yes sir,� I replied.

Chevys walked out the door and Red got up.

�Funny guy�.well, not right now. Jake is always like that, kind of scares me.� Red chuckled, but resumed his serious look. �You ok kid?�

�Yeah�.just�.tired.�

�Well you shouldn�t be, you slept 4 damn days. Guess what, your gona sleep 5. Later, see you tomorrow in combat.�

Red smiled and also walked out of the room. Too much to think now, I could�ve died, I could�ve said no, I could�ve asked Red to stay, I�m going to sleep.

::