View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info
Re: Planetside Cheaters

Originally Posted by pscheaters View Post
I was going down the path you were going but there are better ways. Lets say:

Level 1 - unassisted observation through game client (which is what you have done)
Level 2 - assisted observation through game client (using cheats to spot cheats or GM's using GM privileges, however, observation is still based on behavioural evidence)
Level 3 - assisted observation and measurement of datastream (www.winpcap.org, I am sure SOE have tools to do this server-side already). Yes, latency/lag may contribute to a certain degree of variation in ROF, but if the same person is consistently always falling on the +x% side (over 30 minutes), then there is 99.5% statistical confidence, that the person is using ROF cheat. TRxCommando does not die and respawn often so its easy to track him using same faction (dont need alt, main is TR infil anyway).
Level 4 - only people I am willing to share this is with game developers...

TRxCommando is a confirmed cheater. Sorry cant take that back.
I personally refuse to use cheats to help determine cheaters, nor do I have the means to access GM abilities (So yes, I'm limited to a certain degree). Consistently falling on +x%, they could just be lagging all the time, Commando, doesn't live anywhere near the server, so his ping is constantly going to be high, and always is.

Not dieing is not a sign someone is cheating, respawning often is a sign of not dieing often.

GM's will not use player recorded videos as evidence for banning.
Making a claim, then hiding any so called evidence from the public, will get you nowhere with actually getting players banned

Unless they changed this policy, then you're out of luck.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2012-01-01 at 09:43 PM.