PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Blue Force Tracker/ FBCB2/ Commander Tool
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-30, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Re: Blue Force Tracker/ FBCB2/ Commander Tool

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
a bft would be an entire sub system of work. Maybe a watered down version of a bft.
Well yeah I am not expecting the actual bft system. I just think that command should have a more elaborate radar and detection system than the average ground troop and it should also be something that connects all commanders regardless of outfit or platoon. Could provide more coordination and information than is currently available.

To be honest I am not exactly sure how the radar system works in PS1, but I dont like it. Something where the interlink facility does something and mossies provide radar support. I dont like that because I can see every enemy on my mini map it seems. I think that takes away the ambush factor that we could see a lot of in PS2.

There should only be a certain range from bases that enemies are detectable. I also think that grunts or softies should be undetectable to these radars unless contact is made with them. After contact is broken with them then they go back off the radar. Vehicles entering the radars perimeter are always picked up unless SOE put in some kind of stealth vehicles, they of course would not be picked up unless engaged in combat. This could also promote mobile radar command vehicles that would also promote setting up listening posts outside the bases perimeters.

I know this could be an elaborate thing put into the game, but maybe it could be part of the three year plan. EVE went what seven years before you could finally walk around in the game.