PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues?

I have some time to throw together a list...

Bases

They need to be much more complex. They don't feel like a base, and the placing of spawn rooms is terrible. Everything is too open and prone to vehicle camping, especially the spawn room. Once the enemy pushes you out of the main base you're pretty much done. Spawn rooms need to be underground, below the main base. There needs to be some sort of infantry combat indoors with places that are easily defensible. As it is now, enemies can come from anywhere around you and it's just a giant clusterfuck.

Different capture mechanics. Hack/hold and LLU were nice, since there was only one control console you needed to defend. Having 3+ objectives to hold is no fun because you're constantly running back and forth to cap them. I haven't seen any sort of defense of these points. It's fine that some bases have it, but not all of them should. It is getting annoying and boring.

Bring back the Dropship Centers and Interlink Facilities. Give each facility its same benefit from PS1.

We need the Lattice system. Instead of massive battles, there are lots of small ones spread thin all along your empire's frontline. The lattice will give each empire a direction in which to capture territory.

The World

ADD SANCTUARIES. We desperately need them. Footholds are just home to AFKers who soak up resources/auraxium and take up slots on the continent, preventing other people from playing there. We also need the extra buildings and a cease fire area. The one building in the warpgate isn't cutting it. People TK and throw grenades just to get to terminals because the density of people is so high. Add in the HART system again, but lower the timer significantly.

Once Amerish is added, give each empire a home continent and allow continents to be 'captured'. Hopefully sanctuaries will be in by that time, so 2 out of the three warpgates on the continents can be broadcast warpgates.

I'll continue this later, I have other things to do.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-10-07 at 04:15 PM.