PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PSEmu - PlanetSide Emulator
View Single Post
Old 2015-07-21, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Re: PSEmu - PlanetSide Emulator

You might want to confirm with Daybreak if you even have the ability to do this before you dedicate a significant amount of your life to it. The topic has come up before, and I don't think it's ever been in the players favor.

I played SWGEMU for a bit and even at peak times there are no more than 1500 people logged in, most of which are afkers that are running macros. Most of the people wouldn't even be logged in if they couldn't afk grind.

My .02

- Planetside needs active players to be any fun at all, and I don't think bots will provide that experience.

- Even without hackers there are a lot of things wrong with this game that would be tough to fix and balance from the ground up.

- It would be tough to march everyone back to the stone age, and only give them BR20. Even if the emulator is a complete success that's a very small amount of certs to work with to make it worthwhile when you can't be expecting a few hundred people to be logged on at any given time.

- There are a lot of core combat features that make the game fun, so scraping all of it would be a waste imo. If BFR's had to make a come back, the 45 minute timer would have to come back, or even longer. The game could live without them though.

- Making a more in depth tutorial would be good.

I could go on and on, but step 1 should be asking daybreak, because I have a feeling they won't be on board.