PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Jackhammer
Thread: The Jackhammer
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-16, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Cyber
Corporal

I couldn't disagree more with the arguement that it should be 'left alone' and the other weapons 'buffed up' to the same level of killing power. It's an arguement that is used to defend the jackhammer over and over on the official forums. People simply don't want thier cheese killing noobcannon to be nerfed.

Well, I don't want there to be 3 cheese killing noobcannons, the speed at which this weapon frequently kills in close combat is quite simply not fun to fight against and really not that fun to use. I picked up a heavy assault cert (mainly to use the jackhammer) and the thing feels cheap everytime I pick one up and start using it. You don't even need to use the secondary mode (in fact most NC should stop using it, that mode sucks) you just need to pound away at them with your more damaging, fast firing, unchanging cone of fire primary mode. With that mode there is not another weapon besides another jackhammer that is going to stand up to you and very few people who will manage to live for more then 2 seconds.

The jackhammer kills infantry faster then an Anti-Infantry MAX. AI Maxes should be hands down the most powerful anti-infantry weapons in game because they are 100% dedicated to killing infantry. No hacking, no repair, no medical, just killing infantry. Yet the jackhammer easily outshines any of them in this catagory. A reinforced jackhammer user with surge is has 10x the surviablity of a MAX. With a jackhammer, surge, engineering, regeneration and audio amp I stayed alive in an NC base, solo, vs 6 other guys hunting me down. I'd pop out, slaughter several of them before they could even fire back and when I finally took damage from one I'd sneak off to a secluded area of the base, regenerate my health and listen for them on audio amp.

I ended up finnally having to leave the base, return to the nearby tower, cap it, and get new equiptment because a MAX finally showed up and I was out of AP rounds from killing him the first time.

Lower the Jackhammer to the level of the Lasher, possibly look at making minor tweaks from that point to the MCG. But I really hope SOE doesn't decide to make 2 more overpowered cheese cannons to compete with this one. It's simply not a fun weapon to use or fight against imo.