PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #181
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
I mean...fuck...Al Sharpton all but TOLD the black community on Friday that if "Justice" isn't served to Zimmerman that they should escalate their activities past civil disobedience. So Sharpton is advocating violence against people without actually coming out and saying it.....and he's not being persecuted why? Because people are fucking stupid that's why...I have no other way to explain that one.
Then again, in another debate it is argued that violence is permitted to protect against a government that harms your rights...

Whether violence is justified or rights are harmed has always been a subjective thing... So... yeah.

As you'll understand though, I find the idea of violent rebellion over such case bad per definition. But even more if it cannot be solidified that it is done for the reason it is claimed to be (ie in this case racial murder).

What though if they rose up because the government won't arrest someone who harmed someone else's right to live to at least await trial or needing to make bail? How many people are locked up awaiting trial before it is even 100% clear that they killed someone?