PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Continent Benefits & Differentiation (or Why should I fight on Hossin?)
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Tool
Master Sergeant

Re: Continent Benefits & Differentiation (or Why should I fight on Hossin?)

Yes, I suppose much of this depends on how territory is controlled and the mechanics of battle and population. I think defending territory needs to be equal with gaining territory for resource or resource denial.

And yes, if there isn't really benefits that compare to cont locks in PS2 there may be that lack of strategic accomplishment commanders and empires would get from making that effort to take large chuncks of territory. That difference in a sense of "f*** yeah, we're dominating" to "oh look another 3-way that doesn't matter"

Fighting for the sake of fighting is great for other FPS games but that lack of accomplishment can be more abundant in an MMO, especially an MMOFPS. I hope that PS2 really has ways to keep players feeling like territory is important, resources are important, and what's good for the empire is important. Those things would really help with presistance and longevity in my eyes.