PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit

I'll say I voted for having a limit, but I'll get into why in a second.

Firstly I believe the tie between the game's longevity and the resource system is very loose. OP forgot to mention that there will be 4 resources, one will be the Common Resource that gets used for general purposes such as sidegrades. The other three will be used on vehicles, aircav and infantry based upgrades such as grenades and implants. This was confirmed in few different times but I seem to be inept at finding it on Google nor can I find the PSU news archive anymore.

So with that in mind I say there should be a cap on the ingame resources that are related to vehicles, aircav and infantry upgrades while there is no cap on the sidegrade resource.

The longevity of PS2 and the public's interest in it will be more about SOE coming out with a new weapon or sidegrade every 2 - 3 weeks. That more than anything else imo (edit: I mean outside of ridiculously super awesome gameplay) will keep a lot of people interested in the game. It will also be a major money earner for SOE as people in general are impatient and want their stuff when they want it and thus will shell out real money for that new thing that just got released. This is pretty much exactly how League of Legends use their Heroes by releasing a new one every few weeks.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-18 at 06:43 AM.