PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - For the CR5's on here
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-21, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by sutserikeru
cuz if you dont have experiance in the feilds, then you shouldnt be leading people...
I'm sort of well-known for my flagrant, obnoxious disregard, distaste, and disrespect for CR5s. So when I see this comment, it makes me laugh.

Because there are CR5s who shouldn't be leading *DESPITE* having "experience in the fields".

I'll put it to you this way. It isn't penis envy. I have little aspirations of leading a squad to glory for as much as I would have to [lead] in order to earn CR5. I suppose had I not spent some time on a combat deployment, I might actually be there. If I even cared, which I can't remember having done so.

But the fact of the matter is, to me- being CR5 means absolute-zero. It means you can use Global and call down super-dooper neatoh orbital strikes. Yay. Does it make you a Planetside God for your empire? Nope. And don't expect me to pay any attention to it, either.

In real life, I am the same way. Just because some assclown is wearing sergeant's stripes... or carrying a lieutenant's bar on their shoulder... does NOT make them a leader, it does NOT make them special, and they are NOT God's gift to the service. It does mean that I have to respect the rank and the duty position, but that's about it- and ONLY because I would face disciplinary action for disrespecting it. IE, fear of the law creating law-abiding citizens. In game, none of those jackasses sign my paycheck so "Meh..."

I define a leader as someone who can motivate (not order, pull rank, or "request") people to accomplish a mission or complete an objective or task. I define a leader as someone who gets the job done because he or she can convince people that it's a good idea. I define a GOOD leader as someone who is right there on the front lines with their troops, taking rounds and being in danger (virtual of course) just like the ground-pounders. That same GOOD leader is also leading by example, not by Global Chat and Waypoints. That same GOOD leader sets the example, so that his troops and all around him are inspired and motivated. And since the CR5s I despise I have PERSONALLY seen holed up in a bunker outside a friendly base, that further reinforces my belief that most of these armchair generals couldn't lead an army of braindead lemmings.

Then there's the subconscious reason that I think I just realized: have any of these dudes done this for real? Can they measure up with the GOOD leaders that I know personally?