PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - *NOOB!* Downloading PlanetSide atm
View Single Post
Old 2004-12-27, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Jeffey
This could just be me speaking - but I didn't seem to notice much unity among my empire, outfit, or squad. I was invited into squads and I could hardly even find my squad members, much less execute attacks with them. People were just throwing invites to squads and platoons and outfits without much care at all, am I missing somthing?
A lot of coordinated teams will largely communicate via voice (Teamspeak, etc). If you have a pick-up squad in Sanctuary, check the outfit tags under peoples names (hit Alt-N until they pop up). That will tell you if you've joined a pickup squad, which could be led by a moron without a clue, or it could be a squad full of people from an outfit.

There are a handful of outfits on every server, every empire, that are well-known for their coordinated game-play styles. You generally WON'T find them broadcasting in Sanctuary for members (take that as you will). Yeah there are exceptions, but they happen very infrequently.

My recommendation is that you find a cohesive, active outfit that has been around for a while. As you're tooling around Sanctuary, watch for large clusters of people with the same outfit name. They'll probably be grouped up out of the way, with a group of vehicles or aircraft. It would behoove you to work with teammates for the first few battle-ranks, as you'll encounter a lot more experience (and XP) that way, which equals a faster progression - which allows you to obtain more certifications.