PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-25, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: [Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?

No. Everybody on the PS4 should fight on an equal playing field. Nobody should be able to plug in a mouse and keyboard and be able to outgun everybody else.

Most people with their game consoles will connect them to a TV and never once connect a mouse or keyboard to them because that's not why they bought a console. There will be a small percentage of players who set up their PS4s like a PC and thus have a natural advantage if a game natively supports mouse and keyboard. This isn't really fair and it's not fair to tell other players that they need to go through the hassle of setting up a PC like setting with their PS4.

I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that connect to my PC and a very long HDMI cable running between my PC and my TV. I can't play FPS games on there because of a number of factors. The distance away from the TV makes everything more difficult too see, you're forced into lower FoVs because you're so far from the screen, I find that if I'm not crouched over a mouse and keyboard like at a computer desk my reaction time and accuracy goes all to hell. Given these factors it's really not fair to tell people they have to connect their PS4 up to a PC monitor or small TV and set it up at a computer desk so it plays just like a PC if they want to be competitive.

Simple fix. Don't support keyboard and mouse. Done. There is no point. There will never be cross game play.

Last edited by wasdie; 2013-06-25 at 09:05 AM.