PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So what do you want?
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-23, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sifer2
Major

Re: So what do you want?

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

I used to run squad and platoon operations where everyone wore Standard Armour and carried a Suppressor or a Punisher. Not only did we remain a cohesive unit for over two hours, but we also killed a Vanguard tank, several MAX units, and a Reaver (to say nothing of the slew of player kills).

It doesn't get much more "second class" than Standard/Suppressor.

Perhaps but what works for your little group of skilled coordinated players wont work for the general population. There just going to see they cant use most of the strong weapons an conclude that subscribing is required to play the game worth a damn an quit. Thus kind of defeating the purpose of the free to play option which would be to make sure there is a big population.

I am not SOE so I don't know what level of profits or subscriptions they want to reach. Perhaps my preference for a game where casual people can play the game reasonably well for free an the more die hard players can subscribe for some nice extras would be unacceptable to them an their business strategy. But I do think that if they make it like the current game where subscriptions are required either literally or if you want to have access to enough of the equipment to be effective that they will have to implement serious changes. Since that model was already proven not to the work with the first game.

The game will have to have far more depth or lasting appeal an very regular extensive content updates or something. And if they are not willing to do that this time then I think some level of free to play will be needed.