PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Interesting.
Thread: Interesting.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-31, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Re: Interesting.

How do you avoid finding a formula in a physics model based on geometry? You all understand it's nothing but algebra formulas and within that geometry you cant' avoid finding formulas like these... Am I missing something. The guys a hack looking for publicity.

Am I the only one that knows that geometry and algebra are the same subject.. Within geometry all algebra formulas are contained... And algebra describes all geometry... Every algebra formula has a geometric relevance. String theory is nothing but geometric models. They explore them to see how they work out... It's just doing your math homework for comparison for experiments... This kind of revelation is fundamentally stupid. If he didn't expect it or know of it he needs to go do a lot more math. He's just looking for publicity. I've never liked or respected any physicist who even remotely put on the airs of this kind of dialogue. It's not for the sake of education or scientific endeavors. It just reeks of personal gain to me. He's getting his 15 minutes for it's own sake alone. He's not trying to inform people.

If he actually went into it and could intelligently to inform and familiarize people in the public of physics(or anything) then I would give him respect. But this kind of speech doesn't even require knowledge of the field. It's useless to everyone. You notice there is nothing truly informative in it.... He could at minimum explain what the formulas are or anything else... But nothing. That is the lowest of the low as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if this will be argued, but he isn't informing you of anything, he's only referencing things(to inform you or enlighten you is to add to your depth of knowledge of what makes something what it is.). Nothing of what he says adds anything to the hearer on the subject. It is not informative or by that measure then educational(Except in the lowest regards in that he referenced something he said nothing of). There is no other point to science than that. So what is he gaining besides interview money, or an ego boost, or whatever else he could be getting. As far as I'm concerned, the man is either ignorant or lazy. A man of his high position running a school should know better and practice much higher on a daily basis.

Even if he's getting credit for the school something of that moral reality will always turn on itself and be bad in the end. It's not of any good to them he does it.(anyone who would be on TV like this and could show such low ability is more already showing the situation of the school hence one meaning. Others go from there.) This is basically the consequence of going from teachers in general who had a life of experience to quickly hireing based on teaching degrees, basically, and fast ability to change staff or whatever they are doing it for.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2012-03-31 at 01:32 AM.