PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Ideas on base flow and making base FIGHTS, not base WAITS.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-23, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Re: Ideas on base flow and making base FIGHTS, not base WAITS.

Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
Took me awhile to get my head around it but I'm there now (coffee needed ) - I like the idea of the SCU behind the spawn point but it looks like one big choke point. The fast tunnels don't really alleviate the problem (both currently and in this design) as they look to still be camped by a couple of people and effectively made redundant. Equally with one entrance to the "main room" this is easily locked into a stalemate by the defenders camping it (unless I'm reading it wrong?).
To my eyes it looks a little too linear and needs pushing out more to the sides.
Thanks for taking a look! Na the model is rough and ideally there would be more flanking routes and coridoors. As I say its not a set in stone "this is how it should be" but more a model of something close to how I see the SCU fight could happen. Not some large orange shield down one set of steps and you're there - with a shed load of vehicles above. (what we have now)

Add extra entrances and ideas to alleviate spammy chokepoints -but the general idea is large rooms with flanking routes to defensible elevated sections. Once defenders lose them they are pushed back - however defenders have fast travel tubes to other areas of the base so they can flank attackers, or they can push back through the rooms.

However it's done I like the idea of the fight becoming more intense and concentrated as it nears the SCU. Little objectives attackers can take will help them advance. A capture point near the start could down shields to the initial entrances when taken, and it would need min 3 players to start capturing... or it could have a fast maximum cap speed of up to 12 people needed to be nearby. (trying to prevent one or two people capping the base on their own here)