PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Pageant contestant disqualified over strange circumstances.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Pageant contestant disqualified over strange circumstances.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Sorry Warborn but in this thread you are just simply flat out wrong. You can't change your gender no matter how hard you try. People who are not natural born females should not be able to participate in female pageants.

Rules are rules.
Rules are rules isn't a good reason though. What if someone had a rule saying gay people couldn't get married? Or black people couldn't sit at the front of a bus? Civil disobedience against unjust laws is what advances societies.

In this case, obviously we're not talking about a law or a situation near as significant as Rosa Parks and her bus ride, but still it's in the same vein. The contest is about being the best looking female. If a guy who took hormone therapy and stuff and had his genitals butchered up a few years prior can pull off the "best looking female" trick enough to get into this Miss Universe Canada business, then I think the results speak for themselves. There's no need to make arbitrary rules keeping someone from participating when, clearly, someone not biologically female can still look good enough as a female to compete.

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Meh, I was in agreement with you for once Warborn until you started bashing America again....
I am not bashing America. I am stating facts. Americans seeing a change in rules and being told "hey, Canada is doing it this way now, should we do it?" would have predictable results.

I think that if this woman is disqualified, then women who get breast implants should be disqualified. Same with make-up....and hair-do's. Anything that modifies your NATURAL state of being...should be disqualified.
So you want women to get out of bed and shamble out onto stage with no make-up or hair-do's or anything? I actually kind of laughed writing this. That would be a funny pageant, seeing a bunch of grumpy, unkempt women on stage looking all bedraggled and so on.