PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-21, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
This one confuses me though.. do they mean equipping items?
Originally Posted by Necroe View Post
i think that means that you have infinite amount of grenades/c4 etc. everytime you use one, it deducts x amount of resources.
Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
I think you'd always have a grenade on you, but throwing it removes resources, instead of spending, inventory, and using.
That seems pretty ridiculous to me. I'm assuming the same resupply mechanics will be in use (minus the stockpiling), which means the resources would be deducted when you respawn or resupply at a terminal.

Also, automatic, in-field replenishment would make the second brick of C4, for example, an utterly redundant certification.

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Could a group/zerg stand there lobbing nades at nothing chewing up resources and manipulate the power levels.
As I understand it, a facility's power drains based solely on the number of people in the area and not how quickly they blow through their personal pool of resources.

Also, I'm assuming the facilities will dole out resources indiscriminately. By that I mean the facility's power level is drained based only on the number of people and not how many of them actually need resources. I could be wrong about that, though.

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
How the resource bonus will work on the Boosts/Membership.
I assume they'd work exactly the same way they do now: +X% to resource income.

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
re: removal of inventory.

Does this mean that someone can simply spam grenades or mines - will a trip back to a terminal to resupply be required?
I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Last edited by Climhazzard; 2013-07-21 at 12:24 PM.