PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #672
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
I don't think you realize that what you're saying is victim blaming. You're lapsing into the unfair "she was asking for it" accusation. Again, you're absolutely right that for us to assume Zimmerman is guilty there needs to be evidence presented of that fact. But to suggest that she was 'asking for it' is victim-blaming misogyny.

Part of the reason why something like half of all rapes go unreported, and why most men fail to recognize that 1 in 5 women are rapes in their lifetimes, is because we live in a culture that defaults to "she must have been asking for it" as a response to a rape accusation.
for it to be victim blaming, there would need to be proof of being a victim. Women are not sacrosanct. They are just as evil and vile as men are and just as capable of deceit.

Otherwise, if I say you touched my pee pee in a bathroom stall 10 years ago and I am emotionally scarred from it....you cant say anything about me, because that would be victim bashing.

Again, I point to the Duke Lacrosse Team scandal as a fine example of why you cant just blindly accept the word of the accuser.

And just to be clear, I am not saying it didnt happen, or that it was consentual or forced or anything else, just that the story...doesnt have the ring of truth to it to me.

And it's 1 in 4 have been molested/raped.

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Ah, unironic victim blaming and "she was asking for it". What a surprise that the people who think a guy who killed an unarmed black kid should walk are the same people who have no sympathy for rape victims.

He was doing it over the span of 10 years. So take your pick of an age at which he ought to have known better.
I havent said whether I think he should go free or not...but since you ask...my stance is that he isnt guilty of 2nd degree murder. more likely he is guilty of manslaughter. But since the prosecutor is going overboard to appease the race baiters, they will try him for 2nd degree murder and he will be found not guilty. Riots will ensue.