PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle refunds
Thread: Vehicle refunds
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: Vehicle refunds

Full refunds for full-health vehicles - if you've been using it in the field, you've probably been repairing it in the field, too. (I don't know if the nanites inside glueguns count for anything, but at least the time you spend repairing should be worth it.) Otherwise, refund is proportional to the vehicle. If you don't have an engineer in your team and you've just come back from the line with 10% health on the vanny, you only get 10% of the credit (for basically, recycling the thing).

So in other words, refund amount directly proportional to vehicle health on return.

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
It can't work this way. If a vehicle is 100% you get 100% resources back according to this. Allowing people to get a full credit back will put the whole point of resources for vehicles to being nothing. Just due to them knowing they can get the full amount back and not being more thoughtful as to what to pull.
EDIT: In theory, that could be problematic, but in reality, if you pull the wrong kind of vehicle, you'll be toast before you could even stop to repair it. And then you've nothing to return. I can see the point of where vehicles should cost something, but think of it like borrowing a book from the library - if you return it in the same condition you got it, it doesn't cost you anything.

Then again, there's always a middle ground - I do think that the amount returned should be proportional to the health, but maybe doesn't have to be proportional to the original cost - maybe the most you can get in return is 80%.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2012-04-23 at 10:40 AM.