PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-10, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #200
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return

Originally Posted by Muldoon View Post
While killcams will probably never come back, I gotta say I miss them (I know I'm in a really small minority on this issue). We had killcams when I started working on the game. My new player experience was excellent because of them. I was able to learn very quickly what I shouldn't be doing in our game, in addition to how I was getting killed. So I would argue that they are a really good learning tool.
I agree that they are indeed, like both you and Rolph state, very good tools for teaching new players how to play, although I still don't want them in the game "permanently". I would really like to see you guys work out something that helps improve the new player experience as I keep seeing new players who just get killed over and over without really knowing where from (Mostly because I'm a right camping bastard). I would be fine with seeing something along the lines of what Blynd, and maybe others, suggested.
Is this something you guys have been discussing around the office?

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.