PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Smed on PlanetSide Next Delay
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-23, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #214
TRex
First Sergeant

Re: Smed on PlanetSide Next Delay

Originally Posted by Joanic Sicos View Post
There needs to be a fine balance to this though - Planetside Next will never look as pretty as BF3 or any newer game being release 2011-2013 due to the concept of it.

I'd much rather have a game that looks okay (but not OMG AMAZING!!WTF!!BBQ!) but excellently well in big fights. I'd much rather the time be spent on increasing the continent cap from 450 to say 900. When you think about all the action on the screen, would you rather be watching a pretty slide show or kicking ass and taking names? I know which I'd prefer...

Don't get me wrong, if they can do both, then I have no doubt my life will be ruined, but out of the two, then graphics can (as we say in Scotland) "Get tae fook"

EDIT - Buggered up the quote
I agree on this point . I really hope there is enough 'tweakability' of the graphics so that , if you have the rig , you can have amazing graphics . But ,likewise, a game like planetside relies on numbers to be an amazing game . There's a good reason world of warcraft is so popular : anybody and their old granny can play it on their crappyest laptop. I dont ever expect planetside to have the same kind of subs , but I hope its user friendly enough that you dont have to have any kind of super crossfire rig to have even a decent fight.