PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The most broken things from PlanetSide1
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-22, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Re: The most broken things from PlanetSide1

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
But like you said, if you had multiple AA Maxes, or better yet AA BFRs, then you really could deny a large area to air. So that's why I don't think AirCav was broken. Their counter was just underused. So even though I'll likely be flying mostly, I really want to see much much more AA in Planetside 2.
AA BFRs were the most useless AA of all. As a frequent BFR pilot (yes, I'll admit it), I rarely got AA kills in a BFR (especially the POS VS one, but that's a whole other rant). As a liberator pilot, it is possible to take out a FV BFR with AA in a 1v1 battle with the nosegun, even with the BFR landing every hit. The AA just does so little damage. You had to land basically every shot from both arms to kill a mosquito, and almost never kill a reaver.

The NC AA MAX is the easiest to take out. You get a lock-on warning, and get tracers on the minimap to see exactly where they are. The ROF is so slow that you can AB away and survive. The TR MAX gives neither of those. Skilled sparrow users can time their shield just right to take enough rockets so that it can kill a reaver while it's reloading, but it's hard to do.

In any case, there are very few things that are a hard counter to a reaver. Most counters that exist require multiple players. While the reaver is effective at killing everything in the game with one player. It just doesn't make sense.