PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - IMO KillCam killing the Game
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Gortha
First Sergeant

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
My thoughts echo that of many ppl who've already posted. We don't know the specifics of its implementation. But I most likely won't like it - I just don't know yet to what extent...

Generally-speaking I'm not a fan of giving ppl free intel like that without having to put some efforts towards achieving it. IMO the location of enemies shouldn't just be handed to you.

If you want to know the location of the person who killed you and you didn't see or pay attention to the hit location indicators when you were getting shot, the sound of the enemy's weapon getting fired, or the tracers whizzing by you, then you should have to go back to the general area where you got killed and look for the guy.

This especially important for anybody who works away from the meat grinder. Whether you're sniping on the edges of the zerg, backhacking and otherwise causing disruption behind enemy lines, or cleaning up your own back yard, you will often run into situations where there are only a handful of players around, and knowing the location of your killer could make the difference in a mission's success or failure. Even in PS2 where the number of players will presumably be in the thousands.
This!

You described several sitations very good, where a Kill-Cam Intel can make a difference.

Kill Cam "feature" only benefits lazy players,
it´s unnecessary help for stupid ones,
does not help players to evolve, get better.
It´s the "arcarde"-way more and more young players know, from simple games, from console games. One of the features which takes away effort from the player, the players brain.

It´s the console-way.
It´s just noobish.

No Offense!

http://z0r.de/1573