PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How to add a Bomber/artillary track into the game.
View Single Post
Old 2003-04-16, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
orogogus
Private

I dunno, I kinda like Cyanide's suggestions, although I do understand where your frustration comes from Hamma.

But the phoenix issue is more about the fact that it's guidable and creates it's own LOS and that everyone and their brother can how one and spam them from inside/near an AMS- unlike what we are proposing. Basically these would outside only, take coordiantation and a long time to get in place, wouldn't shoot that quickly. I think it'd be sorta fun.

The orbital barrage sounds cool with CR- I like the idea of a large area EMP strike more than physical damage.

As for issues about 'needing' a lock with artillery- why not have multiple shell types (ditto for bombs) and the alternate fire mode is to use a laser designator (which is still useless inside or when there is something over the target like a bridge etc. Regular fire mode is 'dumb' (read grief magnet). Maybe make it so that artillery can't deploy inside an AMS cloak (or so big that it doesn't fit).