PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Light Air Cav Transport
Thread: Gameplay: Light Air Cav Transport
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-06, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Light Air Cav Transport

the BF2142 VTOL transports are the perfect analogy for a light air transport IMO. They hold about 5-6 guys, are fairly agile and great from getting from control point to control point. They also get shot down in a few hits. Provided everyone and their dog isn't running around with av/aa this would work out quite well.

I even liked the handling / flight characteristics of those transports. It was so very well done, fun to fly, and really damn useful.

They also made ground transports useful with buggies and APCs that could take a beating and launch drop pods. I'd like to see all of those dynamics in PS2. In fact I'd go so far as to say that the sort of vehicle gameplay seen in BF2142 would be a great model for PS2. You could tell Dice was inspired by Planetside with that one and I think PS could learn from what they did with it.

I like BF's approach to AV/AA, with a few classes having access to it but it being very effective at what it does. But that is also countered by the ability to quickly re-pull vehicles, and since PS mechanics have them coming from bases or structures I can see vehicles being a little bit stronger but not much.