PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why I quit PS1
Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
The problem is that CE became too powerful, and then EMP had to be powerful to cancel it out. With any luck, PS2 will allow only 1 or 2 automated turrets per person and EMP won't be necessary in the first place.
CE wasn't too powerful when I played it, and CUD abilities haven't changed one bit since release they didn't get "more powerful".

You nerf CE then you nerf defense, and all tactics devolves into one thing and one thing only: Frontal Assault. Where both sides just charge each other, randomly, with no structure, foresight, and planning whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Except CE is incredibly overpowered in it's own way. Most people just spam CE and think they're being useful. When generally they're making it only moderately annoying as opposed to nigh impossible to pass without and EMP.

Especially now when everyone has CE. 1 emp every 20 minutes? I can relay all that CE in 3-5 minutes. Congratz that EMP was worthless. Nevermind CE only blows up mines. It doesn't destroy spitfire turrets.

Nevermind that with properly placed spitfire turrets, the guy who's trying to EMP bailing from an aircraft will die before he hits the ground.

Try to break a well prepared base hold/defense without a EMP, it's almost impossible, especially if pops are even/base is an interlink.
I stopped playing before "CE is incredibly powered." Which by the way it is not. You just THINK CE is incredibly overpowered because everyone can cert everything now, and every single character in this game throws mines out everywhere now. The problem isn't the CE, the problem is having maximum command rank being too high.

Your brain is replacing "incredibly annoying" with "incredibly overpowered", because it is annoying to have a mine everywhere you step.

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
Alright, i'll give up trying to explain to OP. In the words of The D, it seems he doesn't have the cognitive capacity to understand the wider picture. Enjoy CoD/BF3 or whatever boring shooter you feel comfortable with.

/thread
People like you are making PS2 into a COD/BF3 clone.

/thread

Originally Posted by igster View Post
what they said++

Please now let this thread die - it doesnt deserve any more attention but it seems the op will not let it die.
Die like PS1 die?

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
I have now seen it all, EMP's are being complained about.

CE is easy to use, fast to relay. Removing EMP's altogether is not the correct answer to a "problem" such as this.
Removing CUD abilities would have saved PS1. There'd be 10X more players right now in PS1 if you I-win button trolls hadn't driven everyone away.

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
I see two poplocks on prime time. Sounds like you have no idea how to play your role correctly. I've seen plenty of support players do just fine, doing exactly what you do.
That's only because they want into PS2 beta, yes people are that bored.

1 year ago you couldn't get a poplock anywhere.

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
If you're so dissatisfied that you had to make an emo/rage/whine "I quit" thread... Why are you still here, exactly? You just come off as difficult and or whiney and I seriously doubt you would ever be satisfied with anything. You're just "a complainer", as far as I can see.
I'm here to help you guys not make the same mistake, or say "I told you so," when you do.

I told you so, PS1 has been dead for over 5 years.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-15 at 05:40 PM.