Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info
Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
I stopped playing before "CE is incredibly powered." Which by the way it is not. You just THINK CE is incredibly overpowered because everyone can cert everything now, and every single character in this game throws mines out everywhere now. The problem isn't the CE, the problem is having maximum command rank being too high.

Your brain is replacing "incredibly annoying" with "incredibly overpowered", because it is annoying to have a mine everywhere you step.

Removing CUD abilities would have saved PS1. There'd be 10X more players right now in PS1 if you I-win button trolls hadn't driven everyone away.
No it is, you just literally have no idea what you're doing when it comes to CE. No, I've ALWAYS thought CE was incredibly strong, I have it certed ON EVERY character I've made, and I've made a lot of them across all 3 empires. It's simply has far to much versatility as a cert. Traps, warning system, free AOE instakill explosive, etc.

If you read what I previously posted, most people just randomly throw CE around, like yourself and think they're being useful, they don't use CE to it's maximum potential to support what they as a player can do.

If more people used CE like in an actually intelligent manner, SOE might have realized how retarded it was to buff CE like they did. I've heard there will be no automated turrets in PS2, which will be amazing.

Actually if they had never buffed CE, AA, Reaver's armor (and nerfed aircraft's ability to farm infantry), rebalanced/redesigned max units. The pops would be much higher. The CUD abilities have NEVER been a problem. The only problem is that over time more people get access to them. There have been several possible solutions thrown at (such as creating a command cert system and certing which cud abilities you'd want, though more would need to be created), or making a cr5 constantly have to keep SL inorder to keep his CR.

I could go on with the "what made planetside die". Clientside induced warping, hackers during the trial account days, poorly designed bases that are claustrophobic, special assault being retarded easy to use. BFR's still slowing down combat despite being next to worthless. Hell third person did more damage then EMP's have ever done

So yeah, the EMP from a CUD itself isn't a problem. Why don't you go complain about the bangbus instead, it can EMP like every 3-5 minutes. Or how about SS, it completely lets you avoid spitfires and motion sensors.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2012-07-15 at 09:51 PM.