PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Will I be able to max out Planetside 2 at 1366*768?
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Re: Will I be able to max out Planetside 2 at 1366*768?

Originally Posted by ruhtraeel View Post
I thought it was still in closed beta? And I just googled the system reqs, are they these? If they are, I'm pretty sure my laptop reaches them.

Current Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 15 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB RAM
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Current Recommended System
Processor: Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 15 GB free
Video Memory: 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 500 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

EDIT: That's weird that they say an nVidia GeFore 500 series or higher, but an AMD HD 6870 or higher. I mean, a GT 520 probably wouldn't reach recommended, would it? Or are they just optimizing it more for nVidia cards?

That being said, if it's needed, I'll sacrifice portability if that's what it takes to run it all maxed out. It seems that the game isn't too demanding, as SideStrafe said he was getting 80-90FPS with a GTX 680, something which is close to a 5870 CF'ed.
You're reading a little too much into the system specs. The recommendation of "GeForce 500 series" first of all is a DESKTOP card requirement. Laptop equivalents, or "m" series, are much less powerful than similarly numbered desktop parts. They really mean, GTX 550Ti or higher for the recommended specs.

And yes, heat dissipation is a big problem with laptops, often they can't run full speed for long because of this problem.

Finally, no, crossfired 5870s are NOT equal or even really that close to a 680. Also, yeah it is in closed beta but they're raining beta keys.