PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Will I be able to max out Planetside 2 at 1366*768?
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Re: Will I be able to max out Planetside 2 at 1366*768?

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Thats where you lost.

Laptops issues are not the technical power, but heat. And PS2 will stress your laptop. In theory, you could propably play just fine. But you will run into heat problems, wich cause clocks to go down rapidly, and bang you got 0 FPS.

Play it on the desktop man, like its meant to be played. But obviously give it a Try on the Laptop. Even if it doesnt work right now, it may do once its fully optmized.
Not all laptops should be lumped together. My laptop typically runs this game very well on Medium, and not bad on high. 560m 2gb DDR5, i7 2670qm sandy, 12gb ddr3 ram, badass cooling.

One patch gave me insane stutter, then fixed. I think the 'way its meant to be played' is subjective. Average 50 FPS on medium seems fine with me...and to be fair, graphically PS2 kind of looks like shit compared to most modern games lol.

I run BF3 on high/ultra, but this game is more CPU inensive with much less impressive graphics, as with all MMO's. Laptop CPU's are much weaker than desktop ones. However, the game just isn't that graphically intense. All CPU here.

And to be fair, I've never gone above 60% utilization on my GPU, even on high. :/