PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Infantry Combat: Less twitch, more cover
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gugabalog
Major

Re: Infantry Combat: Less twitch, more cover

Originally Posted by Lucifarus View Post
That's fair, though if you want to use his name against the idea, shouldn't a heavy assault also be moving much slower? The class also isn't nearly as armored as the suit would imply. He's not really tanky as it stands. I'd also ask you to imagine what would happen if a 100 group outfit decided to use that to its full extent. No one would survive. It's going to be the new Max Rush.

I think you misunderstood that one. He runs into the building, jumps out of a window, then appears on the other side of the building, then quick knifes the poor bastard who managed to fail killing him (gun accuracy might need to be improved in the game, spreads a little crazy, more based on luck at the moment than it is on a steady hand). What I'd rather see is jumping behind the closest thing resembling a "wall" then shooting around the corner at the guy that shot him/throwing a grenade. Running away from combat is too common. I want to see fighting, not pussyfooting for power shields unless there's at the very least a firing line going on.
Ah, fire lines, good old days of musketry. So tactical and efficient. /sarcasm