PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I'm Having So Much Trouble With PS2 Compared to Other FPS's!
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: I'm Having So Much Trouble With PS2 Compared to Other FPS's!

Originally Posted by BadMannerKorea View Post
I love the people on here saying your kill to death ratio doesn't matter, and then they go on about how the measure of success is cert count. When someone kills you 3 times for every 1 of your kill, who do you think is getting certs? The enemy. Later on, whether a couple of minutes, hours, or months later, the accumulation of certs they gained from you will be used to buy other items.

You personally don't have to care about K/D, but don't come on here and try to claim that your K/D doesn't matter at all. It is an objectively, and statistically false statement to say that, and the only people you are fooling are the ones who want to be fooled.
He is not fooling everyone nor trying to. You are simply both using incomplete arguments looking at both sides of a medal.

When you roll as a medic or engineer, you can manage to get XP and certs a lot more surely than being on the frontlines. With an AMS mildly under attack, it's even better !

IMO, it's one of the best choices for a bad or average FPS player. Let's say you do not die or even do not kill practicing those activities, K/D will not matter when gauging your contribution since you will be getting a ton of certs and XP anyways.

You can also get a ton of those if you have a good aim, good tactics and quick reflexes: choose the frontlines instead of a support role.