PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why use Galaxies (gal drop tactic)
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Re: Why use Galaxies (gal drop tactic)

I agree that it's not overly obvious what the benefit of a gal is going to be. In PS1, it was very important to get everybody to drop at the same time to get everyone indoors and minimize the amount of time that the squad would be out in the open. When you do multiple mossie drops, no matter how organized, people are going to be spread out and someone's probably going to be lagging behind and dying.

Maxes were important to have as well because you had to fight to the CC/gen and you needed some firepower/armor to work your way in there. With the capture points as open and defenseless as they are, I don't know how important the Max is for a hotdrop. We seriously haven't seen one iota of capture point defense at all yet; people get the capture and then leave and the point gets recaptured by someone else 10 seconds later. Maybe the Max will be an important capture point defense buster.

I am also skeptical of the Gal as spawn point. Can the Gal land somewhere in a hot zone and not get blown up in 2 seconds? This has been covered a billion times already and we're just going to have to wait to see how it it's implemented.