PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Origin of Forge Light (Speculation)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Re: The Origin of Forge Light (Speculation)

If the engine is only half of what the old engine was, and we all have or should have seen the 45 min viedo of game play, and SOE has all the major game elements of PS1, and it looks like it does and then some, the game will blow all of you away.

I never had memory issues on any SOE game I tried, or FPS issues for that matter.

Maybe I built a better computer then you purchased, maybe it was just luck.
But I don't really believe in luck, except the luck I make by buying quality.

Your probally on an Intel machine, perhaps you should give AMD a try with a good nivida vid card in it. Perhaps your using vista, try upgrading to Win 7 or downgrading to XP.

As far as people designing stuff for the game, I hope not. I don't want anyone to get any code. I don't want any hackers having any insight as to how the Forgelight engine works.

And does it really matter if the ideas of Forgelight came form a game engine that was developed in the past. Its not the same engine of the past. In fact the one in the past never saw daylight, or was used by any gamer.

What does matter is that SOE in their brilliance has remade a FPSMMO that will have more players on a map that work together in a Team enviroment.

No other game engine out there has ever done that. No other engine, no other game company, has ever made the equal to PS1.

But in light of what I just said and all that was written before it was a funny read.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are