PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Black Widow Company: military-style, veteran-owned [NA]
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-16, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I've said this before, and I'll touch on it again. Black Widow Company regularly plans and conducts major operations at least three nights a week. This differs from "outfit night" where people get on, look at the map, and say "Hotspots at Dagda!" in that we have a goal, an objective, a mission, and a plan of execution before the operation starts.

BWC is also a proud member of the ULTRA Alliance, which has become a fusion of Terran Republic Alliance: Konreid members and Terran Republic Alliance: Emerald members. ULTRA stands for United League of the Terran Republic on Auraxis. We stand beside ten other outfits and we work together regularly... teamwork goes beyond the scope of just the outfit.

We use Teamspeak in a military manner, meaning we have established procedures and minimization of chatter that we expect to be followed. Not everyone can handle it, because some people just run their mouths incessantly about anything, and can't stop talking.

The outfit was founded originally by four active-duty military guys, specifically set up to be a military-style outfit. We currently have six members on the command staff, with eyes on future expansion. We have an awards system, an active competitive promotion system, and a dedicated chain of command. All members of the outfit are part of a whole. There is no lone-wolfing solo-ing- we expect our members to play with other BWC members, and if there is room then expand the squads with non-member "LFS" people. We work together, we stick together, and that effect is what allows us to kick ass together.

"We need a medic!" Hey that's cool. BWC has a few of them, and our policy is not to respawn until that medic says "I can't make it". And that's only going to happen if A) you weren't where you were supposed to be, or B) that medic just got waxed trying to get to you.

"We need repairs!" Hey awesome. Most of our guys carry a glue gun. If you're sticking with the squad, you're good to go.