PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-07, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
Avirau
Private

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post
In this entire thread I have failed to see someone negate battle rank and cert points as a form of character progression.

No one has come out with a clean argument as to why progressing in BR and gaining cert points to unlock more choices is NOT considered progression. As far as I'm concerned it is. I stated a long time ago in this thread that during PlanetSide BR is what drove me. Power differentiation in terms of stats is not needed for motivation to advance in BR and unlock more options. But whatever. Not one person has addressed this.
This. No matter how you spin it, a BR20 will have an advantage over a BR1 in Planetside 1 even if both players have identical skill level.

A BR1 player has a total of 7 cert points. While it is true you could do a variety of things with these 7 points, I would probably put 3 into REXO, 2 into MA, and then have a whopping 2 certs left to spend. Can't even get HA.

The BR20 will have access to HA and a variety of other superior weapons, support skills like med/engi which allow him to repair, heal, and deploy support devices like mines and turrets. And, of course, he'll have access to aircraft and tanks, some of which can one-shot a BR1 player. BR20 has mathematical advantage in every way.

I dont see how someone can say that a 20% power advancement DOESN'T exist in PS1. Hell, I would guess that there is a 20% damage difference between MA and HA alone.

Last edited by Avirau; 2011-08-07 at 04:22 PM.