PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: (video)Fight to Gain Technology, not resources.
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rothnang
Major

Re: (video)Fight to Gain Technology, not resources.

Yeaaaa.... no. Sorry.

There is a lot of stuff just really wrong with this idea.

It screws people who like vehicles even worse than the current system does when you start losing territory. Being locked out of the weapons you payed for, in some cases with real life money, is absolutely unacceptable.

It would make the snowball effect that makes people give up the fight even worse when they can't spawn anything anymore and have to try to retake the map with a flash or an unarmed ESF.

Tying the resources for unit pulls to your XP gain encourages people to play for XP over objectives even more. This doesn't reward good players that sacrifice going for top XP to help their team, it rewards farmers.

I honestly don't see any real redeeming qualities to this. It takes all the worst things about Planetside and makes them worse. Less fun for vehicle players, more snowballing, more farming. I don't see the good in this.

I feel bad saying this because you obviously put a lot of effort into explaining it. It does make controlling territory more important, but in all the worst ways. People aren't rewarded for holding territory by this, they are punished for not holding territory, and are held back from playing the way they want. That variety of play styles should be something the game always capitalizes on, not something it holds hostage until you own enough land.

Last edited by Rothnang; 2013-03-04 at 12:59 AM.