PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NC just doesn't understand
View Single Post
Old 2003-04-15, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

The striker does lock own to base turrets IF you can magically get a lock. I swear I've heard all the explanation for why you can put it on secondary fire and it might not be able to home in on a target, but when you are talking about phalanx and spitfires it is like winning the lottery if you pull the gun out and your reticle turns red.

I have said a few times that over all I think the phoenix and striker are balanced in some perverted kind of way. The changes they made to the phoenix a week or so ago make it much harder to use now IMO. While I do get pissed to no end when pansy asses sit behind a hill and guide missles around facility walls through the base courtyard and pound our AMS that is well hidden from site, I still think that is all it's good for. Bitch artillery and base turtling tactics. The TR striker on the other hand is the best AV weapon IMO. It makes all forms of enemy aircraft useless, any MAX caught outside a bases walls will get obliterated by striker fire as well. The striker is great because you don't need to be at extreme range for it to be useful. I've been bushwacked by MAX units and Reavers that get the jump on me at medium range and I've still been able to drop them with the striker. There is no way to do that with the phoenix, it's too cumbersome, too much reloading, and you can't afford to be going to the missile cam while you're trying to strafe and fire.

I'm not sure what to tell you, if the phoenix were to get nerfed, the striker would be the next thing that people complained about I think. Another thing people don't take into consideration is the fact that the differences in ROF between the cycler and the gauss are negligable at best.