PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can SOE confirm a cinematic for Planetside 2?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Can SOE confirm a cinematic for Planetside 2?

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
To strengthen the point about cinematics:

DCUO most viewed CINEMATIC:
Justice League (DC Universe) 2012 Trailer [HD] - 18,768,473 views
DCUO most viewed GAMEPLAY VIDEO:
DC Universe Online: Gameplay with HEXAGON PART 1 - 659,602 views
Thank you NewSith, you found a good example of what my point is about. Cheers for that!

Ok folks I'm more than sure in this thread not one person doesn't want enter and exit animations. But..... these will be for current players only. however a cinematic for the game will be for current and "new" players of the game. In no way does EnE animations help bring in new folks, and that people is my point. Look at the number folks, take a look, at every video every stream every twitter. The number are not good for Planetside, and I hate to say it as I know the devs are here and they may be breaking all goals, but the numbers are about the same as Planetside 1. And that's with all the new internets we have.

There just seems to be one corner of the market this game is not reaching, and I know there is a limited budget. But I believe we have to hit that corner and hit it hard. And I think a good video that is easy to watch, looks good, shows off the game is a bloody good step in the right direction.

We at this site all know how fucking cool this game will be, as most of us played PS1. But the other 20,000,000 gamers out there have no idea. Now without a good "hook" to pull them into the arena where we can show them "in game footage" how do we break the barrier?

Anybody know the queen of blades? How do you remember her?

A. A small pix-elated model within SC2
B. A fucking god dam sexy woman monster thing from a cinematic ravaging hell upon the Protoss dude??

The community can help promote this game 20 fold, but without gaming content we cant. We need MOAR! Everything SOE and the Planetside team do, we can multiply as we have seen from some of the recent fan made trailers. So if SOE do a fantastic trailer/cinematic, then that will speak for its self, then the community will take it and bake it for 20 mins and end up with a fucking massive awwssomm pie!

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
DCUO was my last project and I can tell you that trailer was enormous and resonated with our audience.

Of course DCUO isn't PlanetSide 2, but I can't remember the last AAA game I saw that didn't have a cinematic trailer. In fact many of the DLC's I've purchased this year even had cinematic trailers.

I'm confused as to why there is a relationship between animations and a trailer, but I can assure you the animations will be as smooth as possible.
the animations they talk about RadarX are the (enter and exit) animations. But this has no direct link to the trailer, but more the time frame needed to make it. They argue about spending time on making PS2 look nice for its gamers rather than spend time pulling in potential new users.

Remember folks, EnE animations can always be added at a later date. But if the game fails through lack of new players, then it will never recover.

Prioritise......

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-04-17 at 11:24 AM.