PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - IMO KillCam killing the Game
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Zhane
Staff Sergeant

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
I think there comes a point when SOE has to stop listening to the community and just do what they feel is right. They know the game better than us as they're developing it and we're only speculating.

I've played lots of MMOs in the past where players moaning on the forums have ruined the game, though I've played lots the developer has ruined them too. Star Wars Galaxies is a great example of both, the game was in the shitter long before the CU and NGE because of the forums. SOE listened to the players and just kept dumbing the game down slowly as people moaned it was too hard. The same thing happened to WoW to where Blizzard now tries to appeal to everyone and the game is a mess and it's happening to SWTOR.

So I'd rather SOE has their own plan and goals for the game rather than the player base. Just as long as they know what to listen to in the future, ignore players wanting changes for personal games like buffs and nerfs. Obviously don't put BFRs in the game if they go on test server and prove themselves to be broken lol.
More sense than anything else in this thread. While community feedback can be important, we're not game designers, and while you may know what you do or don't want, you do not and can not know what's best for the game. Let them do their jobs and make us a great game.

Armchair game designers = #1 pet peeve of mine