PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Heavy Assault Comm Link
Thread: News: Heavy Assault Comm Link
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-03, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Heavy Assault Comm Link

The Rexo is a tank yes, but it is a different type of tank from MAX. But if we go back to PS1, MAX and Rexo had a similar role there too, except the MAX had a few advantages, namely vehicle armor, which forced attackers ot use AV weapons which made them vulnerable to the AI weapons of the other infantry supporting the MAX. The MAX's weapon was also better at killing than the Infantry versions.

What we do know is max are also even slower than Rexo just like PS1 with slow turning (PC gamer article mentions infantry running circles around MAX and MAX can't shoot them), and MAX rely on all the other infantry to protect their immediate surroundings, and they have vehicle-class armor. So not only are they healed differently but they take damage differently.

I'm not really worried here becuase the Rexo / MAX comparison appears to be roughly the same as it was in PS1, with the MAX having more armor and vulnerable to different weaponry types, which forces the enemy to have to deal with both.

Consider two squads - one with a MAX and one without. An enemy squad of lets say Light assault and medics would have a much easier time dealing with the squad without a MAX than the one with because they dont' have effective AV weaponry to use against the MAX. A squad will want both to maximize effectiveness. I expect the MAX will also have better weaponry for the chosen role as compensation for the lack of a shield, the slow mobility and speed. But We should be seeing that next week