PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-29, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dragonskin
Major

Re: No Heavy Assault LMG deserves .75 ADS speed...VS.

Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
The ability to avoid getting hit while returning fire is pretty important in a 1v1 situation. So at medium distance SVA88 is the clear winner. I play all 3 factions aswell and i can tell you that TR is the most pigeonholed empire they get stuck with closerange spray and pray weapons while NC and VS get oneshot snipe weapons like enforcer and saron for example. Im not saying TR dont have some good stuff to but overall they are lacking. I think the faction traits have gotten out of hand. But thats another topic.
I don't think strafing is that huge of an advantage in most situations. In really tight places yea.. but then you have other options for weapons that give the same movement perk and can 1 shot kill and every faction has access to them. Unless the person is ADADing then strafe speed isn't that big of a deal. Just means you have to track your target better. A lot of people don't ADAD and the ones that do are usually using every "cheap trick" they can for an advantage. Buzzcutpyscho is a prime example, but at leat he feely admits it and points it out even when he is doing it... dislike like him or not.. he does make some good points about balance.

Anyway... I could go through the list of faction perks/weaknesses and I generally feel that everyone is about equal overall. People just like to focus on 1 thing and blow it out of proportion. I'm even guilty of doing that from time to time.