PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Light Assault Ammo Drop
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
The only thing I'd say is, when Higby ran out of ammo I was like "Aha! Now you'll have to get the pistol out and fight for your life!", then I saw the ammo box and I was slightly disappointed.

I'm not really against ammo boxes, but I wonder whether it'd be more fun to sit on ammo boxes to reload, or find yourself occasionally caught short and have to survive with your side-arm.
I felt the same way... I really hate how they're taking so many mechanics from BF3 and putting it into the game. Squad spawning and throwing ammo/med boxes? are the worst ones. Killcam seems to be a thing used in many games now and that is another really bad one I hoped wouldn't land in the game. All three, while "modern mechanics", doesn't meant they should be in the game. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having "archaic mechanics" in the game, like actually having to work to get a spawn point or heal each other. It looked like there was no cooldown on squad spawning when Higby was playing. Unless that was just for showing it off.